When to suspect a scam?
- The landlord asks you to pay a down payment or security deposit in advance and outside of Roomlala
- The landlord asks you to pay, often urgently, by one of the following methods: money order, on platforms such as Moneygram or Western Union, cash by post, PCS coupon...
- The landlord asks you to make a transaction to a foreign bank account
- The owner claims to live abroad
- There are numerous spelling mistakes in the ad and and the photos used in the ad are "too glamorous", "too perfect", almost "like in magazines"
- The landlord won't allow you to come and visit the accommodation
- The rent of the accommodation is too good to be true: a furnished rental near the Eiffel Tower for only 200€ per month is suspicious!
- The landlord refuses to draw up and sign an inventory of fixtures